AddMe
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Board Feed
We hope you enjoy your visit. We are the BEST Conure Forum on the web! All Conures, all the time! So come & join our flock!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access all the member forums. We also have forums on other birds and pets for our members that have more than just Conures. There are forums on Lost & Found, Rescues, Breeders and more. In the lobby you will be able view the live chat, jokes, polls and web cams.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
What Size Nest Box; Do you use for sun conures
Topic Started: Sep 22 2007, 04:20 AM (4,148 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Hi everyone i have a nest box attached to my sun conures cage at all times i gave them a l shape box which they use. But when i had them out of there cage they went into another cage that was open which has a smaller box 1ft all round so that would make it a square. They seem to love this cage and nest box they check it out more then they did the other one. I never thought they could fit in the hole this box is made for cockatiels but its not deep like some. Here's some pictures of the nest box i'm talking about.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Falcon
Member Avatar
Silver Member
hi there..the ones we use for are suns(both sleep in it) was sold/told to use,its measurements are approx 300mmx300mmx 600mm height..hope that helps..ill ask Tracy to post a pic for you ;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

conure58
Member Avatar
Administrator
Falcon
Sep 22 2007, 08:00 AM
its measurements are approx 300mmx300mmx 600mm height..

:lol: You and your metric system :lol:

For those of us that use inch/foot measurements, that would be appox. 12" x 12" x 24". :hi:

Falcon
Member Avatar
Silver Member
OMG inch people ahahaha :fear:

conure58
Member Avatar
Administrator
:giggle: Well I've never seen a millimeter-worm, but I've seen an inch-worm. What do you call them over there? If you have them, I mean..

Here's an inchworm:
Posted Image

Falcon
Member Avatar
Silver Member
ummm thats a little catapilla...we grow them large here :lol:

Falcon
Member Avatar
Silver Member
by the way..iv'e never seen a worm with legs before??? :laughingonthefloor:

conure58
Member Avatar
Administrator
ConureOwner - Sorry I hijacked your thread. :boink:

keedel
No Avatar
so far no luck in finding photos of nest boxes. I can build anything, just need an idea. dimensions, hole size, etc. HELP!

conure58
Member Avatar
Administrator
keedel
Nov 30 2008, 08:09 AM
so far no luck in finding photos of nest boxes. I can build anything, just need an idea. dimensions, hole size, etc. HELP!
:hi: and welcome Karl (keedel)..

I found some info HERE, but it doesn't say how large the hole should be. I guess as long as it's large enough for your GC's to go in and out, it would be fine. I'm assuming you have a pair and are thinking about breeding?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Breeding Help · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Conure Crazy's official You Tube page! Subscribe today!

Animal Pets Dogs Cats Birds