AddMe
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Board Feed
We hope you enjoy your visit. We are the BEST Conure Forum on the web! All Conures, all the time! So come & join our flock!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access all the member forums. We also have forums on other birds and pets for our members that have more than just Conures. There are forums on Lost & Found, Rescues, Breeders and more. In the lobby you will be able view the live chat, jokes, polls and web cams.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Whats your Conures/birds favorite fruit?
Apple 14 (46.7%)
Orange 2 (6.7%)
Banana 2 (6.7%)
Pear 2 (6.7%)
Berries 1 (3.3%)
Kiwi 0 (0%)
Melons 0 (0%)
Nectarine, peach etc. 1 (3.3%)
Pineapple 1 (3.3%)
Grapes 4 (13.3%)
Guava 0 (0%)
Mango 1 (3.3%)
Papaya 1 (3.3%)
Other 1 (3.3%)
Total Votes: 30
Whats your Conures/birds favorite fruit?
Topic Started: Nov 8 2007, 10:07 AM (2,225 Views)
BUUZBEE
Member Avatar
Administrator-Web Owner
Whats your birds favorite fruit? What can you get them to do for it???
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

conure58
Member Avatar
Administrator
Banana's..I can't really get them to do anything special, but they do 'run' to me if they see a banana (as opposed to slowly walk as they normally do)..

BUUZBEE
Member Avatar
Administrator-Web Owner
Ours love their apples, but i cant get them to do anything either! LOL

Sunnie
Member Avatar
Gold Member
Morris loves banana chips (does that count as banana?). I am using them at the moment just to get him used to sitting quietly on my shoulder. I have to walk outside carefully afterwards though, to shake off all the debris! Saffy is a "I'll have what he/she's having" bird. I bought little honey budgie ball treats to tempt her for training purposes some time ago and she wouldnt even try them.......until she saw Morris taking them from me. Now she's tasted them she loves them!

Repoman
No Avatar
Sunnie
Nov 8 2007, 04:40 PM
Morris loves banana chips (does that count as banana?). I am using them at the moment just to get him used to sitting quietly on my shoulder. I have to walk outside carefully afterwards though, to shake off all the debris! Saffy is a "I'll have what he/she's having" bird. I bought little honey budgie ball treats to tempt her for training purposes some time ago and she wouldnt even try them.......until she saw Morris taking them from me. Now she's tasted them she loves them!

Grapes are a biggie. I cut them up and kinda fun to watch how she beaks the juice out it and then toss the skin in the sink. :)

I just get her a grape if I am eating something. Otherwise she will be in my mouth seeing what is in there. :speachless:

Yogi
No Avatar
Most of my birds like apple .I get them to eat the apple. :P ----Yogi

hal9000
Member Avatar
Gold Member
Petrie loves all of those! :P

Marvin liked whatever he could mush up & smear everywhere. :P

Cathy
Member Avatar
Gold Member
Echo eats mostly everything of fruit. But are crazy after red grapes and mango.
So we need to be careful that he/she doset get to much.. Cause then he/she gets diarrhea.

kermits
Member Avatar
Kemit loves his apples and pears he will do anything for them, Ollie does not really like fruit he will eat apples but his favorite is pepper seeds and chilli's, he will fish them out and chuck everything else on the floor.
Gizmo will not eat any fruit or veg i have tried, i give her fresh everyday and she does not even try any.
My parrotlets will eat almost anything and they chuck little morsels of the fruit ant veg everywhere so i am carefull what i give them as i do not want little red or purple poka dots all over the wallpaper :D

Joey
Member Avatar
Pele's Favorite is Apples it was grapes but he can take them or leave them now. Oscars is oranges he will not waste any of it eats it all right down to the skin.They dont really do anything for them as with what Sunnie said its banana chips, I tought Pele all his tricks with banana chips.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Polls · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Conure Crazy's official You Tube page! Subscribe today!

Animal Pets Dogs Cats Birds