Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Health 411. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Best Home Remedies To Balance pH levels! Part 10
Topic Started: Aug 28 2007, 09:51 AM (311 Views)
Selahgal
Member Avatar
TV Host
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Balance pH Levels

Best Home Remedies To Balance pH levels! Part 10

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/pH.html

READER QUESTION:
6/14/2006: Tom from La Mesa, CA writes, "I have been watching my ph level for several weeks and can control it from about 6.4 to 6.7. But my BRIX reading is very high, 4 to 6. I eat a fairly clean diet I believe. I take ACV almost every other day and I take fulvic acid every other day. What would cause this problem?"

Ted replies, "Dear Tom: Aaah yes! Brix or your urinary sugar level is indeed difficult to control! The older you get, the higher it becomes. It is not as easy as controlling your pH! Those who know the art, will keep it a secret. I have my brix normal now and then usually through sheer luck of eating so many things and trying so many things and suddenly realized some few of those did reduced my Brix to near normal! I will tell you an easy and difficult way to reduce your sugar quickly. First is the easy way, but not practical:

Do a sprint or somewhat strenuous short exercise. Body builders and athletes have trouble opposite from us common folks. They have low blood sugar because of this strenous burst of short term exercise. Exercise enough, but do not overdo that you get muscle pain. Lactic buildup is not good for you, biochemically speaking!

Now the more difficult way, but more practical, is the use of certain supplements. Take granulated lecithin one tablespoon a day, everyday. My mother managed to get her sugar under control after decades of fighting with diabetes just taking this and the other one.....

DHEA. This will help increase the body's insulin sensitivity and followed by reduced weight. For men, I would think 25 mg/day is a proper dose. For women, half of this is sufficient.

Those are the main ones that I know really worked well for me. The other ones that do help are chromium and vanadium supplements and magnesium and zinc. Vanillin or vanilla extract for some reason I can't explain besides its antioxidant capacity seems to help too, but not as consistently as DHEA or lecithin. Now while we speak of powerful supplements for insulin sensitivity, you should consider taking before going to sleep some L-glutamine or Creatine monohydrate, as they too restore the body's sugar level to normal also.

Of course these recommendation should reduce your body's sugar by 1/2 and your figure should be around 2-3.5 which is quite acceptable if the previous figure was 6.

Now some extra tips: for some reason that I will explain later, sometimes my body's sugar return to normal much quicker and stayed there almost permanently, if I do some chelation by removing heavy metals for four weeks in a row. Basically my chelation therapy is simple: 1/4 teaspoon of citric acid + 1/4 teaspoon of malic acid + 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda + 1/8 teaspoon of disodium EDTA, taken twice a day or once a day, but it is absolutely important you must take it before bedtime at least. If you are a stickler regimen for chelation then take it one more in the morning ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. Do not eat at least 1.5-2 hours after you take this. This is done to avoid diarrhea or loose stools. Now why does this work? Simple, scientist for ages can make a rat diabetic by simply injecting a chemical, streptozotocin. This chemical destroys the pancreas. Of course, free heavy metals and inflammation of pancreas can do the same thing. By removing the inflammation and heavy metals, it restores your body's pancreas to normal. Thus reversing your body's ability to produce insulin, thereby reducing your blood sugar. This is just an extra tip. Be serious about controlling your urinary sugar because the main cause of aging is due to cross linking of sugar AND proteins, which result in skin loosing its elasticity by what scientists call "Maillard Reaction".

Don't try to complain to me about this if you cannot reach the magic Brix of 1.5, I haven't find it yet, because supplements require money, which of course, I can't afford to try, not that I am unwilling to try! Ted"

READER QUESTION:
6/1/2006: Becky from Comfort,TX writes, "I found Earth Clinic last night, so the only thing I have been able to try is the baking soda. I used that last night and this morning with good results. Now, my question is, what are magnesium chloride and potassium bicarbonate, and where can I buy them? Is this something I can buy at my local pharmacy? Thanks, Becky"

Ted responds: "I buy a food grade or USP grade from a chemical supplier. This means I buy magnesium chloride, potassium bicarbonate, etc. from the same place. Sometimes if I can't buy locally, I just have to import them. Of course, it is not likely you can just go an buy from a chemical suppliers as it is not available locally, so sometimes magnesium chloride can be found in certain supplements alone or mixed with something. Now, potassium chloride, potassium citrate, and possibly potassium bicarbonate can be found in the electrolyte salts, and you can easily buy this in a drug store. Of course, they have a tendency to add other things too, such as salt, glucose, flavorings, etc. This will do for the moment. A good substitute for potassium bicarbonate is potassium citrate. The secret of the mixture (at least for my mixtures anyway) is to make sure potassium is only 1/10th in the amount of the baking soda. The formulas in the market tend to put too much potassium. Most of our diets can't adjust to too much potassium as this is how our body has been conditioned to and besides, the mammalian solutions that scientist used will put only a pinch of potassium and magnesium, but they will put more sodium."

6/15/2006: Becky writes again, "I have been trying Ted's recommended 1/4 tsp baking soda plus 1/4 tsp citric acid in a glass of water for eczema but have not seen results yet. I have been drinking several glasses of the baking soda/citric acid combination per day. I have been hoping it would help take away eczema. Also, I am one of those people that wake up at 3 AM and have a hard time falling asleep afterwards. Now I just drink some of the baking soda/citric acid combo and fall asleep soon after lying down again. I have a question, though. Does bitrartrate (cream of tartar) have any beneficial action in alkalizing the body? Do you recommend using it for anything? Thanks!"

Ted from Bangkok Thailand responds, "Becky: You should try MSM (methyl sulfonyl methane), and licorice extract and might be better for eczema conditions. There are many causes of eczema. Perhaps applying simple vinegar to the area in question. Vinegar has certain detoxifying properties where in my home we use it almost regularly after doing gardening work and those caused eczema. Sometimes certain toxic chemicals just brought his about, so I used vinegar just the same. 100% pure alcohol, ethanol really helps, but obtaining them in certain countries can be a hassle. Boric acid solution is another that you can test on skin to see if it is helpful as it has some antifungal properties.

Don't use cream of tartar, it doesn't provide much benefit as it was found people who are sick have high bitartrate in there bodies. Only potassium citrate and potassium bicarbonate will work, and only in small amounts relative to sodium levels."

Reader Question
4/29/2006: Randall from Sand Coulee Montana writes, " 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda in 8 oz. of water for balancing phand acid reflux in my wife.'--6. What did it CURE?: 'The first morning after taking it she registered 8.4 urine ph and 7.5 saliva. What gives? We will continue for awhile checking ph and bloodpressure morning and evening. (she also takes blood pressure med.) I would be interested in some advice or comments from Ted or anyone else familiar with this reversed ph situation."

Ted responds: "Randall: Reversing the pH is easy, just take 500 -1000 mg of vitamin C in the form of ascorbic acid. However, the saliva pH should be more than urinary pH. So there is the need to take some citric acid also. Citric acid (1/4 teaspoon, or just lemon juice) do not cause your pH to be reverse, as much as vitamin C ascorbic acid, but what it does is that it should normalize the saliva pH to be higher than urinary pH. Ted."

5/4/2006: Pat from the UK writes, "I tested my urine with a conductivity meter and it gave me a reading ofabout 17.50 on a scale from 2-20milliSimens. Can this be correct? Spring water tested at 0.5, tap water at 1.0, and sodium bicarbonatesolution at about 65.0. Do these readings sound normal? Is it possible to have too low a conductivity reading? I also note that most of the feedback is about pH. Any more comments on conductivity?"

Ted Responds: "Generally I am not too strict with conductivity as I am of pH because most of the problems are with getting pH to optimum. Ideally urinary conductivity should be around 15 to be ideal. A 17.50 means you don't drink enough water. However, in tropical climates, urinary conductivity tends to be very conductive, while cold weather tends to lower the conductivity as hot weather generally cause people to be somewhat dehydrated. The points where I worry the most is when conductivity is too low and this means electrolyte deficiency, or lack of mineral. Too conductive tends to be not drinking enough water. I find that if I drink a buffer solution to normalize my pH, for example, citric acid + baking soda + malic acid for example, that I tend to get dehydrated faster and need to drink more water as the buffer solution generally causes the body to sweat more and get rid of toxins from your body much quicker. So if you have more conductivity in your body, you need to drink more water than most other people necessary to balance out this issue. Ted"

3/6/2006: Ken asks: "When I first wake up in the morning and test my urinary PH, it is around 5 - 5.5. I have tried taking 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda every evening before I sleep and it still never is higher than 5.5. I usually have a salad or fruits and vegetables with my dinner also. Any suggestions?"

Ted responds: "Your pH will increase if you try to add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda plus 1/2 teaspoon of citric acid. This seems to work faster on urinary pH than just baking soda. Your body appears to be very bicarbonate deficient as the reason why it appears not to be responding. If taken long enough it will rise."

3/12/2006: Michael from Williamstown NJ writes, "I've read your article and it was quite intriguing. I've known about the health benefits of an alkalized body for sometime now, but I was not familiar with using ordinary household items such as sodium bicarbonate to balance the body's pH. However, I am more familiar with using coral calcium because of it being high in essential minerals. What is your opinion on using coral calcium to balance the body's pH as opposed to the methods you have mentioned? Do you recommend a certain brand such as nato cal or barefood? Finally, what do you recommend for treating psoriatic conditions as well as digestive conditions such as Candidiasis and Crohn's disease? Thank you."

Ted responds:
What is your opinion on using coral calcium to balance the body's pH as opposed to the methods you have mentioned?

The use of bicarbonates to control pH has been known for at least 100 years, however it is not widely known in the internet. Coral calcium is alkaline, but is not a pH buffer. If you study your biochemistry, you will know that the prime pH buffer mechanism your body use is bicarbonates.

Therefore ideally, sodium bicarbonate, potassium bicarbonates and magnesium bicarbonates are most useful. Sodium is extracellular, while potassium and magnesium are primarily intracellular.

Most fluids in your body make use of this. However, coral calcium which is primarily calcium carbonates are not bicarbonates and are difficult for the body as it needs to convert them to bicarbonate through a reaction with carbonic acids.

I myself have been using this baking soda to neutralize my constantly acid body since the late 1960s so you can say the idea is not a new one indeed and it is more effective than coral calcium from the point of view of alkalizing your body.

If you were to pursue other things besides alkaline, such as getting complete minerals, I would prefer looking at fulvic acid as opposed to coral calcium. Besides our body needs a sufficient amount of mangnesium as a prerequisite of taking calcium, should your body needs calcium.

I would I conclude that bicarbonate is the preferred from as our human ancestos has been drinking spring waters for at least several millenium as spring waters are usually rich with bicarbonates and our current drinking water is lacking in it that I feel we should supplement them separately.

It is what I always call, a "buffer deficiency" but very few have heard of it, but in human physiology this is of critical importance as it plays prominently in our biochemical processes.

Do you recommend a certain brand such as nato cal or barefood?

I don't recommend any brands. Most baking soda are good, but a pure food grade is the best one is the one without the additives.

Finally, what do you recommend for treating psoriatic conditions as well as digestive conditions such as Candidiasis and Crohn'sdisease?

Most conditions that I have seen will be alleviated when alkalizing within the weak. I have seen many instances that it does work very well. The best ways of alkalizing, surprisingly, turns out to be a modified form of alkalizing, which uses 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda plus 1/4 teaspoon of citric acid at twice per day, once in morning and once before bedtime. This is a the best form of "soda loading" as they call it in sports medicine.

Just yesterday, I had to paint the floors and steps in my house using shellac and had muscular pains all over my body. Upon taking just 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda plus 1/2 teaspoon of citric acid the pain went away rapidly as it neutralizes the lactic acid buildup in the muscle from undue strenous work."

4/24/2006: Jennifer from Chicago writes, "Fascinating information! I've been coming to this site almost daily since discovering it about a month ago. My question for Ted is this: Please give the ratio of sodium thiosulfate to water for dechlorinization, and also, why do you add Hydrogen Peroxide to the water? Thanks so much, and keep up the amazing work!"

Ted responds: "If you can manage to get a dechlorinator from pet shops or aquarium shops (without the food coloring and clear labeling), or make one of your own from a chemical supply store (food grade) or if I am desperate enough I get a Hypo from a photo shops, then the dechlorinator for these are usually a 5% sodium thiosulfate in 95% water. The sodium thiosulfate are clear crystals looking like tiny cocoons about 1/8 inches long.

The idea to add the dechlorinator is to add more than enough to destroy all the chlorine, with enough left over to detoxify your body. So therefore, you can dechlorinate your water at one drop per liter. However, the therapeutic dosages for it is usually between 3 drops - 6 drops per glass of water.

In children who are really restless, have behavioral problems (agressiveness), autistics or have difficulty sleeping the dosages can be increase to 12 drops per glass, at which level, it has a tendency to cause loose stools, but not that serious as this is seen to detoxify the body, by detox harmful chemicals in your liver as well as chelating heavy metals out quite gently. You might be surprised to find that sodium thiosulfate is used to control children's behavior (as well as boron and (very tiny dosage of 1-2 mg) lithium. Few people know that this sodium thiosulfate chelates free radical heavy metals out of your body and also helps calm you, not to mention helping you sleep. Because of the chelating properties it is seen as a preventive from accumulating heavy metals such as mercury (autistics) or aluminum (Alzheimer disease), therefore one can view this as a way to help the treatment for such a condition.

One issue is that you cannot mix both hydrogen peroxide and sodium thiosulfate together. Also, when you put several drops of hydrogen peroxide, the H2O2 tends to react with the chlorine and deactivate the chlorine also. So if you want to try the sodium thiosufate, you need not add the H2O2 together. For me, I alternate my use between one day taking H2O2 with Water and another day taking water with sodium thiosulfate. Some days i need to rid myself of heavy metals, another day I need to clear up my skin or pathogens using hydrogen peroxide."
Don't be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all human understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:6-7
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · pH, Water & Salt · Next Topic »
Add Reply