Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Knights of the Old Republic - The Movie Trilogy. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Star Wars in 3D
Topic Started: Jan 16 2010, 06:37 PM (1,523 Views)
Ragnarok
Member Avatar
Midichlorian
[ *  * ]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandra...-3D-remake.html

http://gizmodo.com/5028874/confirmed-all-6...-released-in-3d

http://www.filmjunk.com/2008/07/23/george-...s-movies-in-3d/

Lucas is spending 10 million dollars on turning his Star Wars saga into 3D.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Revan 411
Member Avatar
Jedi Knight
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
How the heck can they turn a film from 1977 into 3d without remaking it??? :blink:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Darth Bos Pity
Member Avatar
Jedi Padawan
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Revan 411
Jan 16 2010, 07:39 PM
How the heck can they turn a film from 1977 into 3d without remaking it??? :blink:

I'd like to know how they can TURN anything into 3D, but if they can then WOW.

Oh & Rag, i love your Sig!
Posted Image

JCarter426
Member Avatar
Game Hacker
Maybe I'll go prick Lucas in the neck with a needle. I'm sure his head will explode, and then they won't be able to put his brain in a jar like they did with Hitler. So he won't be able to make the films.
Posted Image

HK-47
Member Avatar
Jedi Padawan
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If they make IV - V - VI 3D and have it in theaters I will probs go see it... Yeah it will suck balls because it's really not something that needs to be done to films and I'm against the whole technology but still... the origional star wars films on the big screen...

Logan Starr
Member Avatar
Jedi Padawan
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
3D is just another gimmick that will die out soon.

And it has already been done, in the 50's and 60's it was popular but it died out then, and in the 80's it came back only to die out again.

3D doesn't save a bad story, as we saw in Avatar.

Nonetheless Star Wars is a classic and great story so the 3D will just add to it.
Posted Image

Revan 411
Member Avatar
Jedi Knight
I... wouldn't be so sure of that...

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2357685,00.asp

Thanks to the advanced technologies we have in this modern day and the success of Avatar, 3D will become better and a general aspect of film making and video game development or will die out. We never know truly.

Quote:

<_<
Posted Image

Posted Image

Irishguy27
Member Avatar
Jedi Youngling
[ *  *  *  * ]
Logan Starr
Jan 16 2010, 05:59 PM

Avatar, in my opinion, had a great story and a very interesting message. It didn't rely too much on the 3D, it was only used to add to the awesomeness of the movie.

The original trilogy in 3D would be fantastic. As an avid Star Wars fan, I'd love to see where this goes.
Posted Image

Ragnarok
Member Avatar
Midichlorian
[ *  * ]
Irishguy27
Jan 16 2010, 10:42 PM
Logan Starr
Jan 16 2010, 05:59 PM

Avatar, in my opinion, had a great story and a very interesting message. It didn't rely too much on the 3D, it was only used to add to the awesomeness of the movie.

The original trilogy in 3D would be fantastic. As an avid Star Wars fan, I'd love to see where this goes.

I hope Lucas is doing the Original Trilogy in 3D first, but all evidence points to him recreating the Prequels. Since they will cost less to put in 3D, he doesn't have to redo any effects or any problems that would result in incompatibility with 3D. Once he gets money from the Prequels re-release, he'll do the Original Trilogy and possibly re-master them again.

Oh and thanks Darth Bos Pity! :D
Posted Image

Drewton
Member Avatar
Bantha Fodder
[ * ]
Great news.

Even though I'm much more of a Star Wars fan I'm actually almost more excited about seeing LOTR in 3D.
Posted Image

HK-47
Member Avatar
Jedi Padawan
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Come to think of it... It would be awesome to look the eye in...the eye :P

Revan 411
Member Avatar
Jedi Knight
This might actually be a good thing. For me anyway.

I wasn't born in 1977, so I never saw the original trilogy in theaters. Thus, the experience was sorta ruined for me because I already knew that Vader was Luke's son when I first saw Episode V in 2004. :(

The fact that their going to re-release all the six movies in 3d on the big screen is something I've always wanted to see. Now I will be able to enjoy the epic Death Star battle, the Vader and Luke duel, and the Endor battle. All in its restored and former glory. Because, well, lets face it. The 2004 DVD's are just terrible. (In terms of cinematic.)

Drewton

I'm actually almost more excited about seeing LOTR in 3D.

Yes. Me too.
Posted Image

Posted Image

jedimasterfisher
Member Avatar
Midichlorian
[ *  * ]
Seriously why are 3D movies popular? Wearing the glasses just hurts my eyes and it doesn't even look that good. 2D forever!

Logan Starr
Member Avatar
Jedi Padawan
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I agree, 3D is a gimmick and is meaningless.

I much prefer 2D.
Posted Image

Grant SK
Member Avatar
Midichlorian
[ *  * ]
It seems that Avatar's success just started a 3D craze.

Both parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be released in 3D, Clash of the Titans was delayed until April to prepare it for a 3D release, and the Spidey reboot is getting the 3D treatment as well.

Is this good or bad? Meh... That really remains to be seen. BUT the fact that it's giving me the chance to see Episodes IV-VI in theaters for the first time is definitely a good thing.

A bit off the tangent here, but what do you guys think of the 3D television displays releasing later this year?
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Star Wars Saga · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Old Republic theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone