Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
KillTheCan.org | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Newsletter | LIVE CHAT
Welcome to KillTheCan.org Online Community. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Day 2; Brain vs dip
Topic Started: Apr 19 2013, 03:41 PM (4,350 Views)
Winter Green
Member Avatar
Brandon
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Day 2, antsy, ornry and full of all kinds of energy. But yeah. Real real mean. I know it's all in my head so i keep a pretty good lid on it till I get home. Then I'm pissed
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Quit
Member Avatar
Taking my Quit one day at a time.
Winter Green
Apr 19, 2013, 2:41 pm
Day 2, antsy, ornry and full of all kinds of energy. But yeah. Real real mean. I know it's all in my head so i keep a pretty good lid on it till I get home. Then I'm pissed

Just push through the suck! Post every day and stick to your commitment and you will be fine.

Today I quit with you.
----------------------------------
Quit Date: 4/9/2013 (Intro)
H.O.F.: 7/17/2013 (H.O.F. Speech)
Taking my Quit day by day

SirDerek
Member Avatar
nothing
Quit
Apr 19, 2013, 3:46 pm
Winter Green
Apr 19, 2013, 2:41 pm
Day 2,  antsy, ornry and full of all kinds of energy. But yeah. Real real mean. I know it's all in my head so i keep a pretty good lid on it till I get home. Then I'm pissed

Just push through the suck! Post every day and stick to your commitment and you will be fine.

Today I quit with you.

Hey there and welcome. This day 2 is not in your head, this is the physical withdrawl from the nicotene bitch where your body is fighting the symptoms. We all went through this, but when you fight and make it through it is so worth it.

just keep drinking water/cranberry juice, exercise (do something) as this will help flush it out of your system.

and like quite a few before, you can do this.

+1 quit for today

Evil_Won
Member Avatar
I'm Inappropriate
Winter Green,

If you are going to do this, go all out. Start by reading the Welcome Center. That explains the site in general. Play close attention to Roll Call, Why we do it. That is a daily proimise to yourself, the rest of your Group (July 2013, BTW), and to everyone else here on KTC that you will not use nicotine in any way shape or form for the next 24 hours. Quit for today and only today. Repeat tomorrow.

Posting Roll is the the single most important thing. Click here to learn how to do it --> How to Post Roll.

Once you have that done, send out some PMs to guys and gals in your group. Offer your phone number and you may get one in return. Those numbers will save your life, but you have to use them.

Welcome.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

916quit
.....there's still time to change the road you're on....
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Evil_Won
Apr 19, 2013, 2:27 pm
Winter Green,

If you are going to do this, go all out. Start by reading the Welcome Center. That explains the site in general. Play close attention to Roll Call, Why we do it. That is a daily proimise to yourself, the rest of your Group (July 2013, BTW), and to everyone else here on KTC that you will not use nicotine in any way shape or form for the next 24 hours. Quit for today and only today. Repeat tomorrow.

Posting Roll is the the single most important thing. Click here to learn how to do it --> How to Post Roll.

Once you have that done, send out some PMs to guys and gals in your group. Offer your phone number and you may get one in return. Those numbers will save your life, but you have to use them.

Welcome.

Winter, welcome. Listen to what these guys are saying. All good advice being spewed.
Push through the suck and never look back.
You got this.
Quit with you today!

Winter Green
Member Avatar
Brandon
starting to crave like a sumbtich.. day 4 been grillin and drinkin beer all day. just putting it on here to vent, but i dont even have any in the house ( purposly ) so not gona use no nicotene today damn it
Quit~December - 2 - 2013

Zam
Member Avatar
Major Kong knows the meaning of commitment.
Winter Green
Apr 21, 2013, 2:44 pm
starting to crave like a sumbtich.. day 4  been grillin and drinkin beer all day.  just putting it on here to vent, but i dont even have any in the house ( purposly ) so not gona use no nicotene today damn it

You're good WG. You aren't gonna cave simply because there's no dip in your house. Your not gonna cave because you gave me you damn word. Reminder just in case:

Quote:

Winter Green - Day 4 - Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream. I Pledge not to dip today

Congrats, you are not released from your promise. Some advice to make your nic-free day better: Lay off the beer/alcohol for a bit. Many a quit was killed due to people choosing alcohol over freedom. Drink more beer after the training wheels come off your quit. For now: water, seeds, fake, ginger, chat, masterbation....whatever it takes. Somedays, it just sucks though. Have your mind accept that, no matter what, you just are not gonna have a dip TODAY and maybe your mind will move on to something else for the moment.
I'm a BoMB!, HOF May2012

Winter Green
Member Avatar
Brandon
Zam
Apr 21, 2013, 1:53 pm
Winter Green
starting to crave like a sumbtich.. day 4  been grillin and drinkin beer all day.  just putting it on here to vent, but i dont even have any in the house ( purposly ) so not gona use no nicotene today damn it

You're good WG. You aren't gonna cave simply because there's no dip in your house. Your not gonna cave because you gave me you damn word. Reminder just in case:

Quote:

Winter Green - Day 4 - Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream. I Pledge not to dip today

Congrats, you are not released from your promise. Some advice to make your nic-free day better: Lay off the beer/alcohol for a bit. Many a quit was killed due to people choosing alcohol over freedom. Drink more beer after the training wheels come off your quit. For now: water, seeds, fake, ginger, chat, masterbation....whatever it takes. Somedays, it just sucks though. Have your mind accept that, no matter what, you just are not gonna have a dip TODAY and maybe your mind will move on to something else for the moment.

Thanks fer the advice men. Not gona cave today damn it.... no matter what
Quit~December - 2 - 2013

Bruce
Member Avatar
Godlike Creature of Quit
Winter Green
Apr 21, 2013, 1:56 pm
Zam
Apr 21, 2013, 1:53 pm
Winter Green

Quote:

Thanks fer the advice men. Not gona cave today damn it.... no matter what

Damn right! Stand your ground! I'll quit with you today
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Winter Green
Member Avatar
Brandon
Gona try to be positive through this whole process!!! Brandon here on DAY 4 ( almost complete ). As I lay here in bed with a peppermint in my cheek ( usually a huge pinch of Copenhagen wintergreen long cut ). I'm thinking " this ain't so bad ". I think I'm having more struggles keeping my anger and energy bottled up towards the ol lady. Ok I'm just rambling. But anyways. Night # 4 for me and I'm bout to go to sleep ( NIC FReE ) for the first time in 13 years haha. That's crazy. P. S. been waking up anytime between 1:10am and 6 am every morning since I've been quit. Good luck everyone I'm gona stop babbling !!!!!!!
Quit~December - 2 - 2013

05wrxing
Member Avatar
One day at a time!!!
Winter Green
Apr 21, 2013, 8:35 pm
Gona try to be positive through this whole process!!! Brandon here on DAY 4 ( almost complete ). As I lay here in bed with a peppermint in my cheek ( usually a huge pinch of Copenhagen wintergreen long cut ). I'm thinking " this ain't so bad ". I think I'm having more struggles keeping my anger and energy bottled up towards the ol lady. Ok I'm just rambling. But anyways. Night # 4 for me and I'm bout to go to sleep ( NIC FReE ) for the first time in 13 years haha. That's crazy. P. S. been waking up anytime between 1:10am and 6 am every morning since I've been quit. Good luck everyone I'm gona stop babbling !!!!!!!

Congrats on day 4, its a hugh accomplishment. Any time you are feeling anger just come right here on this site and take it out on all of us instead of your wife, we can take it just fine. I will pm you my number and you can text or call me anytime you need to vent. Your sleep may take a bit to get back to normal; it took me over a month to sleep through the night. I felt like a baby the way I was waking up all through the night.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-19-12 with the December chew wrecking crew!!!

HOF 12-27-12
2nd Floor 4-6-13
3rd Floor 7-15-13
1 YEAR 9-18-13
4th Floor 10-23-13

My hall of fame speech

Evil_Won
Member Avatar
I'm Inappropriate
Good work Winter Green on Day 4. Nic should be out of your system. Now the battle against triggers (driving, fighting the the old lady, bad day at work, shitting, etc.) begins. In my opinion this is the battle that never ends.

Also, may I suggest that you keep posting in one of your three intro threads and no starting new ones each time.

Heller if you need anything. Remember to bring your rage here to us, and not to the innocent bystanders.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Winter Green
Member Avatar
Brandon
No problem. Thanks. It is funny how aware I am of other people dipping now. Just had a big ol plate of BBQ and some sweet tea and after we was done 2 co workers threw in a big ol wod of shit between there cheek n gum. I had to quickly get back to my machine where I could be alone and suck on a mint and vent on here. There I feel better already
Quit~December - 2 - 2013

traumagnet
slaying the Bitch ODAAT
Winter Green
Apr 22, 2013, 12:25 pm
No problem. Thanks. It is funny how aware I am of other people dipping now. Just had a big ol plate of BBQ and some sweet tea and after we was done 2 co workers threw in a big ol wod of shit between there cheek n gum. I had to quickly get back to my machine where I could be alone and suck on a mint and vent on here. There I feel better already

Hey THANKS for being there yesterday! Remember what you told me seeds and get occupied with something else. This will work for us today we stay quit! and tomorrow you will be at a week. PM me if you need anything or pm me for my #
Stay strong Brother
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

My HOF speech

srans
Member Avatar
all star whore
traumagnet
Apr 22, 2013, 12:40 pm
Winter Green
Apr 22, 2013, 12:25 pm

Hey THANKS for being there yesterday! Remember what you told me seeds and get occupied with something else. This will work for us today we stay quit! and tomorrow you will be at a week. PM me if you need anything or pm me for my #
Stay strong Brother

Good job fellas. When i see friends getting a dip i feel sorry for them now They can't eat a meal without nicotine. They can't go to bed without nicotine. Most of them can't do anything without nicotine. diesel said something one time that sticks like glue. I wouldn't wish nicotine addiction on my worse enemy. When you see things like that, take it for what it is. You quit and they haven't, but should. You don't need it to enjoy yourselves, never did.
Glad to be quit with y'all.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply